PROVIDING SOLUTIONS TO CUSTOMERS WITH FAILING SUPPLY CHAINS
Several Tier-1 aerospace manufacturers have experienced problems in their supply chains in terms of quality, on time delivery, capability and diminishing sources of supply. Three individual Tier 1 customers have repeatedly approached Kaney to request rapid turnaround manufacturing solutions for complex high precision mechanical piece parts and assemblies because of quality and reliability issues at overseas low-cost economy suppliers. These issues create significant churn with associated delivery problems and cost impacts.
In each case Kaney has provided tailored solutions to our customers allowing them to recover from supply chain failures. These recoveries have served to minimize loss in terms of revenue, waste, schedule, and reputation.
- Developed tailored recovery plans for build to print and build to specification piece parts.
- Provided manufacturing statistical evidence to satisfy customer Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Developed multi shift machining and assembly operations to meet surge demands resulting from recovery efforts.
- Provided solutions to highly complex NASA flight critical parts that the customer would not trust at other suppliers.
- Provided rapid turnaround responsiveness to customers with needs for small lot, high quality and high complexity mechanical parts and assemblies.